Wednesday, July 22, 2009

More on underclocking.

I decided to underclock one of my DMGs today.

I didn't have the exact 2.097152MHz crystal required for a halving of pitch in tune with the original crystal, but a 2MHz crystal should be fine, and sounds great intune with itself.

Heres a few pictures of the result. And a song I wrote using the underclocked DMG and a copy of Nanoloop.

(you'll have to click on these images to see them at full size)

Here is where the original crystal was, and you can see the wires leading to the new crystals.



You can see where the switch was installed, and where I placed the two crystals.



Because i removed the dc socket for switch placement, I had to bridge this part of the board so power would still run through.(if you dont do this, the gameboy just doesn't turn on)







Here's a comparison of start up sounds just to show the difference, first full speed, second is half speed

No comments:

Post a Comment