Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Newer Compositions

I've come up with two more compositions recently, both short songs, based around simple ideas, but I've been trying out some new things.

On this track, Striving for Sonic Mediocrity I played around first with the speech synthesis capabilities of lsdj, making it speak out "godinpants" the name I produce under.
I also began making use of the noise channel, while I couldn't come up with much for it, I was later directed to this page the LSDJ patchbook which I made use of later.

When it came to recording this track, I panned the pulse channels, and wave synth left, and the wave kits, and noise channel right. This meant I could apply different compression to the drums, which I think really stand out well on this track.


In the second track, sun-chaser I created all my percussive parts using the noise channel, with instruments modified from things i found on the previously mentioned patchbook.

This freed up the wave channel to play synth parts(although it mostly performs harmonies with the pulse channel, which should lead to a lot more options melodically in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment